Wednesday, February 1, 2012 | 9:00 AM
When we launched Google+ Pages last November, we saw more than a million businesses create new profiles to better connect with their customers. Page owners have been hosting Hangouts, updating their customers on the latest news and deals, and sharing exclusive photos and videos. We’ve loved the creativity and wanted to share what some business owners have been learning as they use Google+.
Over the next couple months, we’ll be introducing you to some cool small businesses who’ve recently joined Google+, both here on the Small Business Blog and on the Google+ Your Business page. We’ll be sharing what they’ve learned along with their tips and tricks for managing a great page.
First up: Meet Best Made Company, a group of outdoor enthusiasts that specializes in designing and handcrafting wilderness supplies. Their passion is to inspire people to experience the outdoors — a passion that inspired us to share their story.
If you’re just getting started on Google+, here are a couple quick tips on how to create a great page:
- Select your profile photo. This is the first thing people will see, so choose a good representation of your business.
- Make sure to add five scrapbook photos, complete the “About” section, and add links to other destinations where you can be found on the web. These three sections help you get your story out there.
- Decide on a tone for your page and stay consistent in your messaging. You want your posts to feel personal and authentic. You can even link your personal Google+ profile in the “About” section so people know who’s posting.
- North Bowl
- King Arthur Flour
- Birds Barbershop
- Happy Hound Play & Daycare
- The Pablove Foundation (non-profit)
Posted by Evelyn Lee, Google+ Pages Associate Product Marketing Manager